. asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 2 months ago

CBS All Access is working on a remake of Stephen King's The Stand. It is about a SuperFlu pandemic that kills almost everyone in the world?

.Will they postpone it or cancel it altogether due to public sensitivities? Or will they hope that the Coronavirus will be a great commercial for it?

The Stand remake, like all other tv shows currently in production, has been postponed.  I guess we'll have to see whether they will eventually go forward with it.  The answer might depend on how bad the coronavirus pandemic gets.  OTOH, movies like Contagion and Outbreak are trending right now on streaming services, so there's apparently an appetite for entertainment about viral outbreaks even in the middle of an actual viral outbreak.

Production of everything is shut down right now so actors aren't working... I guess they will decide when this is all over. It's based on a long standing book and has supernatural elements so it's not too close to realty for comfort, I don't think.