Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

Could it have been Corona?

I went to New York late December last year and I got back on the 18th December. A few days later I ended up becoming really ill. I had a fever, chills, awful muscle aches/pain, the pain was so bad that I couldn’t walk upstairs without wanting to cry. I had an awful cough which wouldn’t ease not even with any cough medicine and I got out of breath really quick, I had chills and a sore throat too. It lasted for about 4 weeks, I ended up losing a lot of weight because I couldn’t eat anything. But even after I started feeling better I got out of breath very easily. I’m fine now but ever since being ill I notice that walking up and down stairs anywhere leaves me feeling short of breath and I started using an inhaler. I have had the flu before but this felt like the flu but much more intensified.

Doubtful it was corona at that time unless you were really unlucky and came in contact with someone who had been in Wuhan about the same time.

First case of Covid-19 was identified in China in December 2019. So there's almost no way you could've caught it in New York, unless you had a contact with a Chinese citizen. Covid-19 and Flu have very similar symptoms. I'm pretty sure it was the flu, followed by pneumonia. Pneumonia can linger for 1-2 months after full recovery. 

• Tavy

Sounds like it.