promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

Could it have been Corona?

I went to New York late December last year and I got back on the 18th December. A few days later I ended up becoming really ill. I had a fever, chills, awful muscle aches/pain, the pain was so bad that I couldn’t walk upstairs without wanting to cry. I had an awful cough which wouldn’t ease not even with any cough medicine and I got out of breath really quick, I had chills and a sore throat too. It lasted for about 4 weeks, I ended up losing a lot of weight because I couldn’t eat anything. But even after I started feeling better I got out of breath very easily. I’m fine now but ever since being ill I notice that walking up and down stairs anywhere leaves me feeling short of breath and I started using an inhaler. I have had the flu before but this felt like the flu but much more intensified.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Doubtful it was corona at that time unless you were really unlucky and came in contact with someone who had been in Wuhan about the same time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

First case of Covid-19 was identified in China in December 2019. So there's almost no way you could've caught it in New York, unless you had a contact with a Chinese citizen. Covid-19 and Flu have very similar symptoms. I'm pretty sure it was the flu, followed by pneumonia. Pneumonia can linger for 1-2 months after full recovery. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sounds like it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.