promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Ex-babysitter left something at my house... should I re-engage to return it?

This is such a stupid question and a silly thing to be fretting about, I know. My son's ex-babysitter who quit on me while I was at work and I had to scramble to see if my mom could pick the poor kid up; left a personal item at my house, a Bible. I've been hesitant to let her know because of how manipulative she was while watching my son... I know, I know. I hired her way too quickly, she was safe enough, however, constantly commenting on my parenting, would drag my son all over the place then complain about his meltdowns when she was told several times that he has severe anxiety and is on the autism spectrum so please don't do that, finally she informed me that my house is so dirty it makes her sick. When she finally quit, it was after weeks of constantly calling at the last minute "sick"... just raging now, sorry. Anyway, would you feel obligated to reach out and return the Bible or just move on? And, yes, I know I should not be continuing to stress over this.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Don't you have her address? Mail the Bible with a note.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Let her know you have it. Offer to mail it to her, or tell her you’ll leave it on the porch or have her meet you in public for it so it’s a neutral place. If she has her church name in it drop it off at the church office and say you found it and they can get it back to her. 

• April
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No, she's obviously not missing it. Maybe God had her leave it there for you though. Start reading it a little each day to calm you and that will calm your son. He is getting a lot of his anxiety, from you.

• 2 months ago

Call her and tell her you will leave it on the porch for her, is she does not want it then keep it or give it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mail it to her 😉

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Troll smarter, not harder.

• 2 months ago

No, I wouldn't keep it.

Mail it to her.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sounds like you would love to stir up some drama

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Me? I don't keep things that don't belong to me, no matter how the owner behaved. I'd mail it back, no note enclosed, no nothing, and do my best never to think of her again.

• 2 months ago

No, give it to goodwill or something don’t reengage with someone who’s been shitty to your son and might ask for another chance to do it again because you’re an easy source of money for her. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.