Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 2 months ago

Do you think the MCU will ever make a movie about Thanos, pre Infinity Stones collection?

Like, him going out and doing evil stuff before collecting the gems ever crossed his mind?

Or maybe one where certain events eventually lead up to him wanting to destroy half of all life in the universe? (Or, have they already made a movie about that?)

Favorite Answer

Well even in comics I can only think of a few stories with Thanos not involving the stones but even in stories where they’re not related at first they sometimes will eventually be brought in. There’s his first story, which involves him trying to kill his family and take over the galaxy using ISAAC the worldmind and the cosmic cube, which in the movies is actually an infinity stone lol. The stones didn’t exist as a concept until Thanos’ second story. And then there’s Thanos Rising, which is a modern story about his childhood and growing up before he becomes the Thanos we know, he leaves his home planet and becomes a pirate and has sex with many random alien women. You should probably read this it sounds like what you’re looking for story wise. Anyway the movies are probably done with Thanos, unless they for some reason time travel back to him. I’m sure Thanos will be in multiple episodes of the what if disney plus series, which is going to show alternate universes based off each of the movies. 

I think Thanos may make an appearance in "The Eternals".  After all, he is one of the Eternals of Titan.

Yes, I think they will :) .

They gave his backstory in Infinity War, so I think they consider the storyline satisfied.  Also, they just capped off TEN YEARS of Thanos being the big bad wolf in the MCU.  I think they're going to want to find a new villain.  My recommendation would be Dr. Doom.

• Steve

No. I cant imagine him being that interesting and superhero movies typically arent made about the villain. 

just showing him beating people up?.... that would get boring just seeing a villain beat up on people.