promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

hi how do I put myself into care?

I have a hard home life and I have been physically and kind of mentally abused.

I have a social worker but I don't want to tell her because she will tell my parents and all hell will break loose. help please?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In the UK you can't. You need to speak to your social worker about the abuse and that you want to move out. Do you have a relative to live with or a friend's parents that would take you in? IF you entered the care system you would likely end up in a children's home or even a hostel as foster care is less unlikely for a teenager. There aren't enough placements for the kids already in care and social services work to try and keep families together so your parents will be involved in the discussion I'm afraid. Once you're 16 you can leave home to live in supported youth accommodation such as foyer.net 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

tell your social worker in confidence.....tell them if your parents find out it will cause a major row

• 2 months ago

You should ask for a new worker tell the supervisor you can't work with the worker because the always tell your parents who responded with mental or physicall violence

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

More drama seeking lies from a teen aged attention whore.  Funny how they always come up with an excuse why they can't use the obvious answer over and over isn't it?

• ...Show all comments
    • chelsea2 months agoReport

no it isn't a "universal fact" its your opinion. other people came on here and helped me, you? well, you made a 13 yo cry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You cant, you need your social workers to raise an action against your parents that shows you are at risk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.