Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Do people from Texas hate fish and seafood?

We live in Boston and my father brought his cousin and his children to a good seafood restaurant but the rude kids were like "yuck!!" and "Is this for animals?" and his father asked my dad if they could go to a steakhouse and my dad and I were very pissed. And he said people in Texas don't like seafood. Is it true?

Well, I would imagine there are places in Texas where fresh seafood is probably not available, so some people may just not be used to it. As for kids, I have never seen that many kids that actually like any seafood at all, so I get where their attitude comes from.

I dont think so, they love steak i know

• chorle

The one person I know who really hates seafood is an adult from Rhode Island so  I thought all east coast people hated seafood 

• Richard2 months agoReport

what a coincidence! the only person *I* know that hates see-food is an adult from Rhose Island ALSO!!! haha small world

im from California. hope this helps : )

Some people in Texas like it and others don't. 

no.........................................

I don't think they do. I've been to a seafood restaurant in Houston and South Padre Island.

kids in general don't like seafood. what's the big deal??? get over yourself... and accommodate for your guests.

some people in Texas are that way. Too bad for them, I love lobster even though it is too rich for my diet

Depends on where you are. Texas has a fairly long coastline and a lot of commercial fisherman. However, more of TX is cattle country.