Atheists, do you believe that you are not going to die?

In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time. This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another

Favorite Answer

they say they will Die but then believe and behave as if they won't. then again, many Christians say they believe but behave as if they don't.

• Nous

Why do immature pretend Christians post as you do? Is it just lack of education and intelligence or are you not really working for SATAN?!!!!!!

The problem is not anything to do with atheists, God, Jesus, the bible, or even Christianity and all to do with the intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by BAD Christians towards others‽

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD Christians which causes all GOOD Christians to despair at the damage they do!

The self-destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

BAD Christians not only drive people further away from God but are the reason so many DECENT people are becoming ANTI THEISTS!

Pew News reports Christianity is shrinking with a corresponding rise in atheism!

Five times as many Americans in 2014 said they never prayed compared to those asked the same question in the 1980s

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. -Mat 6:1

Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Christianity is not about hating others but about worshiping the LOVING GOD!!!!!!!

I know that I will die, no question there.  However, if you understand a bit more about physics and chemistry, you will realize that there is nothing in them that suggests support for an afterlife.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

Atheists know they are going to die at some point, just like everyone else.

How does the law of conservation of energy relate to a lack of belief in the existence of any gods.

• Misty

Everything that lives dies, its a fact. Your kind can't handle the truth, that's why you follow ancient superstition.

The energy within my atoms will not die. The carbon-oxygen-phosphorus-nitrogen-hydrogen, etc will eventually be returned to the earth and perhaps some day become part of another living thing. However "I" will most certainly die, regardless of how much anybody wants to twist the laws of science and physics.

Like everyone who has ever lived or that will live, I too will die.

Being rational and generally more scientific people of course atheists believe they are going to die and know that energy will be released from their body no matter what method is used to dispose of it.

• Tangi

I do not think I'm not going to die.

I'm not an isolated system. I constantly exchange energy and matter with my surroundings.

When I die, I won't be able to maintain homoeostasis anymore and the exchanges will change in nature and accelerate, making my body gradually scatter.

Also, I'm not just the energy and matter that compose my body. I am also the emergent properties of how they are arranged and interact. You could have the same amount of energy and matter, but without life, because the arrangement and interactions are not favourable to the emergent property that is life, let alone consciousness.