Joao asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Gained so much weight. Stress?

I moved countries in August. I am 17 and I left my mother and siblings to live with my dad. My whole life I was branded “super skinny” “bones” as I had like no body fat. My metabolism was so fast and I could eat as much of anything I wanted. I moved here 7 months ago and I’ve been so stressed. Sad a lot of the time. Missing my family. I wake up every morning feeling like throwing up when I see my dad with his new wife. I spend all day alone after school. I eat just as much as before and did as much if not more exercise. But I have gained about 10kg in this time. My muscles barely show. My abs are under layers of fat. I’m 64kg and 173cm. I might be exaggerating but I feel really bad I look fat now. I started doing more exercise(weights) for a few weeks now and I look the same. The stress and sadness is still there everyday. What can I do?

• Mary

find ways to improve your mood. you could get a new hobby, friends that help take your mind off stuff, maybe even talking to a psychiatrist (shrink). also just check your diet and make sure it does include a lot of fruit and veg. but overall, just find a way to get your mind off stuff