Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Do symptoms of mild dementia include saying inappropriate things?

My 65-year-old mother asked me [in front of woman I have a crush on] if I took my medication.  I was VERY embarrassed, and I have a feeling she doesn’t even remember doing that.  If I were to bring it up, she’d probably deny it and think my crush has no idea I’m on meds.  Is it possible my mother was randomly getting frustrated due to another one of her spells, and therefore just mentioned my meds nonchalantly around non-family without thinking?

When she asked me that in front of the woman I like, I felt like a little kid or a “freak.”  No offense to those who take medication, but the fact remains that the question alone perceived me in a cliché manner — not stable, because my crush has no idea what a I’m going through.

FYI, I’m almost 40, thus the “feel like a kid.”

Why don't you move out?  Problem solved.

Well did you take your medication or not?

Welcome to the world of narcissism and ties to demonic influence...... Have you ever studied narcissism?

She could be completely lucid, but have control issues she couldn’t avoid until it was the right time, if at all. Seems an adult wouldn’t need a reminder like that.

• audrey

You've been spamming that for months. What meds could you be taking that would embarrass you THAT much?

• ?

No, but one of the side effects of old age is not giving a sh*t abour embarassing people