Kayla
Kayla asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

Who else thinks Vince McMahon is an idiot for not postponing Wrestlemania 36?

It's gonna be so boring without an audience! Plus, Roman Reigns dropped out of his match against Goldberg. And all the other sports are on hold because of the Coronavirus. I think Vince is making a huge mistake! I feel bad for all the people who had tickets and were planning on going.

Favorite Answer

WWE has the live entertainment market cornered right now.  Even with no crowd and no pay-per-view charge, WWE will still get healthy viewership ratings and ad revenue because there's nothing else available to watch live.  There's no reason WWE can't hold another Wrestlemania-like event when crowds are allowed to gather again - they aren't bound by things like "a Superbowl" or "a World Series" after all.   

• jared

not an IDIOT, just MONEY HUNGRY. it's still so damn DISGRACEFUL, sweaty bodies clearly less than 6ft away is just SICKENING

Reigns had to b/c of his Leukemia-he's very vulnerable to get it. And the tickets are all gonna be refunded. 

I thought wrestling was already dead. I agree though, wrestling without fans there sounds boring as hell.

its the most wwe thing ever....soak up all the publicity and turn it into a gain for the mcmahon family and their business....i was turned off by it when they didnt immediately didnt announce the postponement....but you still want to have the event to reward the talent it does suck not having it in front of fans but thats the compromise you have to make

No one, not even Vince, believes it will be the same. But he's giving us something. Let's take it for what it is rather than whine about what it isn't. This is a global crisis. There are.no easy black and white answers. 

• The show must go on as they say even in times of crisis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon has convinced himself this is another 9/11 Smackdown! moment, in reality this is just a lame ego move that will hurt WWE more then anything.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see WWE host some sort of Wrestlemania event after this pandemic blows over and quietly removes any mention of the upcoming 2-night empty arena special.  Kinda like how I assume once this Saudi deal is done, WWE will wash the company of all mention of the super show events.

It's not going to be the same without an audience he should of have postponed it.