promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Masshole508 asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What is this red bump?

My dog random showed up with a red bump/bubble looking thing today right under his nose.. It wasn’t there yesterday, he hasn’t done anything out of the normal or had anything happen to him. Does anybody know what it could be? Or has anyone’s dog had something similar?? Please?? 

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It’s a busister. Call a vet immediately and keep it away from your vampire mother

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Since dogs get all kinds of lumps & bumps it is almost impossible for the average Joe/Jane to identify them. It takes a Vet to examine the lump/bump & diagnose what it is & then provide proper treatment for whatever it is. Could need biopsy to figure what it is or isn't. Process of elimination. You dog needs to see a Vet but it is not an emergency. Just ask the Vet the next time you take the dog in.

Here are some images of different kinds of lumps & bumps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lumps+and+bumps+on...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Herpes.        

• 2 months ago

Give it  a day or so to see what it's going to do.. and in the meantime put salt water on it.  Can't put any creams or lotions as he will lick and ingest it. 

This could be a simple rubbed area from chewing a toy causing follicullitis or it could be something more but give it a day or so and see if goes down.    If it stays they would check for either histiocytoma or mast cell but don't get that far yet. 

Best of luck with him.  

• Lorraine
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yes,  Jan and I have emailed.  She's been a little poorly but is at home and hoping to be back on here soon. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

How can we magically know? If your dog goes outdoors it could be a bee or wasp sting. Spider bite. Tumor. Cyst. Cancer. Get the dog to a VET.

• Masshole5082 months agoReport

Thanks dipshit. AS I SAID HAS ANYBODY DOG HAD SOMETHING SIMILAR 

• 2 months ago

How old is your dog?  Disinfect it and squeeze it.  See if it is just an infection.  If it is, squeeze until all of the puss is out and then clean it with alcohol and use triple antibiotic on it, twice a day for two days.  See how that goes.  If it is not an infection, take him to the vet.  But it looks like it could be an infection, by a bug that bit him or perhaps, he bumped into something, like a tree branch in your back yard.

Source(s): Dealt with my own dogs for many years.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.