April asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Why did the debt collector remove my debt?

So, I had a debt collector place a judgement on me about a year ago. In September they sent a letter saying they were going to the court to find out who my employer was. Then in January sent me a letter stating they were seeking garnishment. I have been working on fixing my debt for awhile. The attorney they're going through said I could settle for a specified amount to make the garnishment go away and I couldn't. They said I could make payments on the amount before  the garnishment and during. Well, they still haven't started garnishing my wages and I have been making payments on the amount. I checked my credit report today and they removed the debt from my report. Why would they do that? 

Just take the P out of people in crisis who have bought hand sanitiser and other NHS essential goods from you. LOW LOW LOW. 

You must have paid off your debt or at least enough to satisfy the creditor.