promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 months ago

Question about the Coronavirus: Can I still go to the store?

Today, there are 51 cases of the coronavirus. Everyday it seems to go up by 10. I need to go to the store tomorrow, but I am nervous. Can I go out tomorrow? I take staying home and keeping your distance very seriously, but I really need to go to the store. Thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Grocery stores are considered essential businesses. Yes, you can go the store. Just exercise caution, wear something over your mouth and nose if possible, and do not touch your face at all. When you get home, wash your hands thoroughly. Then put away perishable items. Anything inside a package that can be removed from the package and refrigerated or frozen, remove it from the package and discard the packaging (such as boxed frozen dinners, Hot Pockets etc). Then wash your hands again. Finally, put away everything else. Anything that you expect to need in the next couple of days, wipe down the outside packaging just to be safe. Wash your hands again. Then, wipe down anything you touched from the time you got home - all door knobs inside and out, refrigerator and freezer handles, cupboard handles, light switches, tables and counters anything was placed on. Then wash your hands again.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Go to the store and get what you need, but stay away from people with cold or flu symptoms, don't touch your face with hands, and wash your hands when you get home.

• 2 months ago

I think you are allowed to go to the store for provisions, but best to maybe call your local police or town administration and see what they say. Does your store do online shopping, or do you have a store that does? If you do just place your order online and go pick it up that way.

• JimTom
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

yes sure, just clean your hands after you touch everything. hold your breath when people walk past you and keep your distance, you should be fine. Wipe or sanitise your hands before you touch your car, and again after youve unloaded your items, and throw out the packaging/bags. Just use common sense, if youre really worried you can even take a shower when you get home

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

well you have to eat and have the necessities to survive. I went yesterday to the grocery store. does your local store have drive up delivery if you preorder? might want to check and see. you might not have to get out of your car. if you go in just make sure you wash your hands when you get home.

• 2 months ago

Go to the store.  Just do the social distancing thing.  I normally use the self-checkout option. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.