Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

I'm 25 (female) and have large pores on my cheeks and nose. How do I minimize then ?

I rarely had acne as a teen but now at 25 I have large pores and a few tiny white zits 

Favorite Answer

It is hard to change the actual size of your pores.  The goal is to minimize the dirt and blackheads remaining in the pores so that the pores are less noticeable.  

Find a good face cleanser. It doesn't have to cost a fortune - it just needs to clean the face better than just soap.   Then have a good routine for  your face.  If you wear make-up - it is important to completely remove all make-up and cleanse your face before bedtime.  In the morning, cleanse again before putting on new make-up.  On days when you intend to stay home - give your face a break and wear no make-up.

When you wash your face, using hot water opens the pores more so that  you can clean out the dirt clogging the pores.  Place a damp, hot cloth on your face for a few minutes before you wash  your face to help open the pores.  Scrub your face gently with a wash cloth or exfoliating cloth with the face cleanser of your choice.  Then rinse your face.  When finished, use cold water on your face to help close the pores.  

Your body's pores naturally react to hot and cold.  By applying heat before cleaning, it opens the pores to let more dirt out.  By applying cold after cleaning, it closes the pores to help reduce the amount of dirt that will get back in.  

Personally, I always liked st ives apricot scrub.  It is cost effective and leaves the skin feeling refreshed.  That particular brand did get some bad publicity but it is still available.  Some dermatologists suggest that the cleanser in the scrub are too harsh for every day use or that some people may be scrubbing too hard while using it.  Again, this is one of my personal favorites.  I have good results using this once per day because I also don't wear make-up.  (I have allergies that prevent me from wearing most make-ups - so I just don't bother)

https://www.thea-blast.org/student-life/health/201...

noxema used to help me out when i had acne