Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

The myth of the Minotaur and the Labyrinth likely derived from Minoan civilization?

True or false??

That's what the history books say, because that's what they (you know, them) want you to believe.  But I know the real reason.

Cows are evil and murderous animals, just like the fabled minotaur.  But unlike the minotaur, cows have more feet and can accelerate really quickly.

A friend and I found this out when we were searching for a lost kid in a field somewhere out in axe-murderer territory.  We noticed a group of distant cows eyeing us, then we noticed that they kept getting closer.  By the time they got within striking distance, we both broke into a flat out sprint for our very souls.  It was like an explosion behind us... the cows charged for the kill, claws extended, venom dripping from their fangs, and a look of pure bloodlust in their eyes.  My buddy said "we'll never out run them", and I said "I only have to outrun you".  We dove headfirst over a wire fence (which I'm sure was meant to snare us), and the cows stopped.  Evidently the pasture was surrounded by an invisible force field, and we escaped with our lives.

Some myths are just coverups for real things.  Don't believe me?  Watch Bugs Bunny at the bullfight.

• Elaine

It is true.  Arthur Evans thought the palace at Knossos could be the model for the labyrinth and that the frescoes showing bull jumping was the model for the minotaur.