promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does a 1976 Honda CB750F need a battery in it to kickstart and run? ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes..........................

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

...............absolutely. It will not run without a battery.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The alternator needs a battery to run the bike so YES.  Otherwise no sparks.

• 2 months ago

I worked on Hondas for several decades. You gotta have the battery fully charged. It does not have a permanent magnet in the alternator. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • fuzzy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They have coil ignition & a permanent magnet alternator. The alternator will provide enough electricity to fire a plug with a bump start but without a battery there you have no voltage stability & the .likelyhood of getting a suitable voltage pulse from the alternator to coincide with the plug firing in minimal.

• adam
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Needs a battery and DONT try to jump start it off a car! 

• adam
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Stick your TD up your AZZ punk

• 2 months ago

Here's two words to look up: 1) magneto, which the Honda ain't got; and 2) alternator, which it do got. Now, review what they do and how they do it, and the typical circuitry. Then think about your question. Sorry about the thinking. Hope your brain doesn't explode.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes it does.

• 2 months ago

Pull the park plug cable off a spark plug and hold it near a cylinder fin. Try kick starting the motor to see if you have spark.Make sure the key is turned on while doing this. If there is spark it should start unless there is old gasoline in the carb which has plugged up the gas flow through the main jet.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 2 months ago

I have not tried this in years, but I believe it does need a battery.  Even a very, very low battery will be enough but it does need some electricity.

• Billy2 months agoReport

It has a dead battery in it. No power whatsoever, I tried to kick but nothing. I dont have access to a charger or a vehicle with jumpers right this moment. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.