promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why does my dad become a **** after 1 beer?

Its like as soon as alcohol touches my dads lips he instantly becomes a ****. He will bring up unrelated issues and look for arguments out of nowhere. We could be quietly watching TV and all of a sudden after a drink he will come up with something to argue with me for. But he only does it after a bottle of beer or a glass of wine. How can 1 beer turn you to an argumentative ******** ? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Alcohol obviously affects him defferently than it does to others

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Because one of the effects of alcohol is that it 'disinhibits' you and causes you to behave and say things that you wouldn't normally do.

• 2 months ago

Has your dad always been like this? Recent events have gotten people rather nervous ..

he could also have a very low tolerance. Either way try and discourage him from drinking.

• 2 months ago

One beer? He's a lightweight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It makes him feel stronger and bigger than. Other s.

• 2 months ago

It's not the beer, it's the internal light switch. Whether this behavior is new to you because he's home during lockdown or if he's always been like this, dads go into "dad mode" where they are mature, helpful, kind, etc. A big part of masculinity, which does not include fighting and staring like one troll on here thinks, is just being there. "Dad mode" is alot of hard work.

What you'll find as you get older, even if you think you're fairly mature now, is parents are just like you. Except they have kids to take care of and a mortgage to pay and a Roth to monitor. What would you do if all that came on your shoulders? When it's time for dad to stop working in "manager mode" "dad mode" and maybe even "husband mode" he just becomes "Steve" "Dave" Mike, whatever his name.

Dad is your dad, but Steve is my buddy. When working in any of those capacities is over, me and Steve grab a beer, argue politics, tell war stories, and check out the waitress. Again, the beer cracking open is the lightswitch that tells you Steve got turned on and Dad got turned off.

• 2 months ago

Only advice I have for you is do not take the bait. 

Ignore it, walk out of the room. 

He sounds like an alcoholic. Yes even after only 1 beer.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

He can't handle his booze. It's a mental condition. We call the teens that fall out of bars wanting to fight the world 'Four pint screamers'. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.