promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are people born with a particular sexual orientation? Why or why not? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's there- probably at birth- but we don't understand the "message" until later.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Koi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Everyone is born straight and is supposed to go on to have a consecrated marriage and procreate to bring honour to God. Some straight people have homosexual urges. They have to ignore them and marry the opposite sex or if that's too difficult they must remain celibate and teach the Word of God. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Koi
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Learn about what the Bible says and you won't need to ask such inane questions. 

• 2 months ago

Everyone is. Being LGBT is a congenital condition. (developed before birth) Science is finding more evidence for it, every day. Therefore, it is not a sin, which is an outmoded concept.

• 2 months ago

Maybe some people are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No one is born with a particular sexual orientation, but people grow up identifying with a particular sexual orientation

• Bee V3
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

When they're born, they don't have a sexual orientation YET, but they're born having the same sexual orientation that they were always going to.

• 2 months ago

Yes they are. People do say not being heterosexual is a choice but let's be real, who would want all the hate you get for not liking the opposite gender. It would be way easier for me if I was a straight cisgender person, but I'm not and I can't do anything about it. Also those who use 'it's a choice' as a reason to deprive people of basic human rights, even if it was a choice to not be straight so what? How is that an excuse to abuse someone?

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Who sat you down and told you that you liked girls or guys?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ask yourself, if you had any control over your choice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.