what's better in the rain, steel or aluminum ?

Trying to buy a light post. One is made of steel and the other aluminum. I can not make up my mind

Z-Lite Annex 100-Watt 19.5-in - Black Aluminum - Takes 1 A19 light bulb.  $48.00Cascadia Bembridge 180-Watt 15.5-in Gold Stone Distressed Traditional Post Light. Steel. Takes 3, 60W B10 light bulbs. - $54.11My other garage lights are gold

aluminium is best

To make sure, buy both, and stand them side-by-side. By carefully monitoring them over the next couple of years or so you'll be able to ascertain which is the best in rain and take the bad performer back to the shop. Alternatively, just buy one at random and fit an umbrella on top of it. Hope this helped.

• Barry

Steel will rust eventually for certain. Aluminium will last indefinitely. Even if it corrodes slightly where the surface coat is chipped or abraded that takes years and is easily rectified. 

Steel rusts, aluminium doesn't. Both are OK if you maintain the finish, but I know which I would go for.