Do most people use Turbotax to file their taxes? are there any other options?

I use the H&R Block program every year.  It costs about $30, does everything I need and includes one state program download.

FreeTaxUSA is the best one

• Ray2 months agoReport

I thought turbo was really easy to use. I'll try the freetaxusa next year.

No, TurboTax does not own the majority share of the tax preparation market. 

Try Freetaxusa  use them every year. They are as good as they come.

• Ray2 months agoReport

The reason why I use turbo because it synchornized the data from Uber so i didn't have to do much. I wonder is freetaxusa does that as well? 

Get different personal software.

Download paper forms

Hire a professional.

• martin

Probably most people do not use TurboTax. They file their own taxes the old-fashioned way by filling out the forms themselves.

There are plenty of options online.

However, as you are self-employed, you may not be able to do it for free.

Most, if not all, of the free options apply to employees and not self-employed persons.Edit:  All of the software programs/websites are decent.  However, the biggest factor is you and how you understand what you are doing.

• Ray2 months agoReport

so is turbotax the best paid option for the self-employed? 

• Steve

I dont know about most, but there are many other options. Some banks will do your taxes for a fee. Many places are in charge of doing taxes for big and small businesses, so in turn that business also does taxes for individuals.

Most people use some type of tax software and file electronically, but there are lots of different software programs.

Turbo tax is one of the most popular, but I wouldn't say that "most" people use it.

• DEBS

There are cheaper methods for sure. No idea if they have as many options for what you need. 

43% Of People file only now. You don't actually have to use turbotax. The IRS lets you file online through them directly without a charge.

• Ray2 months agoReport

Is turbotax 100% reliable in the gathering and compiling the earning numbers? because right now it has overstated about 1000 dollars in earnings when I compared the numbers they got and mine from excel.