promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do most people use Turbotax to file their taxes? are there any other options?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I use the H&R Block program every year.  It costs about $30, does everything I need and includes one state program download.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

FreeTaxUSA is the best one

• ...Show all comments
    • Ray2 months agoReport

I thought turbo was really easy to use. I'll try the freetaxusa next year.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, TurboTax does not own the majority share of the tax preparation market. 

• 2 months ago

Try Freetaxusa  use them every year. They are as good as they come.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ray2 months agoReport

The reason why I use turbo because it synchornized the data from Uber so i didn't have to do much. I wonder is freetaxusa does that as well? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Get different personal software.

Download paper forms

Hire a professional.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably most people do not use TurboTax. They file their own taxes the old-fashioned way by filling out the forms themselves.

• 2 months ago

There are plenty of options online.

However, as you are self-employed, you may not be able to do it for free.

Most, if not all, of the free options apply to employees and not self-employed persons.Edit:  All of the software programs/websites are decent.  However, the biggest factor is you and how you understand what you are doing.

• Ray2 months agoReport

so is turbotax the best paid option for the self-employed? 

• Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I dont know about most, but there are many other options. Some banks will do your taxes for a fee. Many places are in charge of doing taxes for big and small businesses, so in turn that business also does taxes for individuals.

• 2 months ago

Most people use some type of tax software and file electronically, but there are lots of different software programs.

Turbo tax is one of the most popular, but I wouldn't say that "most" people use it.

• ...Show all comments
    • DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

There are cheaper methods for sure. No idea if they have as many options for what you need. 

• 2 months ago

43% Of People file only now. You don't actually have to use turbotax. The IRS lets you file online through them directly without a charge.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ray2 months agoReport

Is turbotax 100% reliable in the gathering and compiling the earning numbers? because right now it has overstated about 1000 dollars in earnings when I compared the numbers they got and mine from excel. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.