promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
John asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Glad to see the back of him?

Given the results of the last general election will the British be glad to see the back of Jerry Corbin when he steps down as a Labour leader?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I can't speak for anyone else but good riddance to the fool.  Corbyn (note spelling) has just plunged even further in my estimation, if that were possible, with his response to coronavirus, which was simply "I was right to tell you to spend more money".  Twerp - of course the government is spending more now when there really IS a crisis, while spending money is his answer to everything.

"People just don't like him" was indeed one of the reasons Labour got its worst result since 1935, as reported by Labour workers and ex-MPs.  The other was of course a Brexit policy that consisted of "er, let's hold another referendum" facing up against Boris's "Get Brexit Done".  You have to admit, Boris does a good slogan, and was as good as his word on that one.

Unfortunately I can't see his replacement being any better.  Thankfully none of the candidates are the shadow holders of the Great Offices of State - McDonnell, Thornberry and the Abbopotamus.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No one will miss him, that's for sure. 

• 2 months ago

That will be the broad consensus, yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.