lol Has Jesus ever told anyone the name of His Father in the bible?

Update to the first answer. Has The Father of Jesus told His people that He would send His son to die for those who believe in His only Son?

Favorite Answer

Never. 

• lillie

Jesus taught his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified [or, “be held sacred; be treated as holy”].” (Matt. 6:9, ftn.) On the final night of his earthly life, in prayer to his heavenly Father, Jesus also said: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word. And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” (John 17:6, 26) This, in fact, was Jesus’ primary purpose in coming to earth. What was involved in his making God’s name known?

Jesus’ followers already knew and used God’s name. They saw and read it in the Hebrew Bible scrolls available in their synagogues. They also saw and read it in the Septuagint—a Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, which they used in teaching and writing. If they knew the divine name, in what sense did Jesus make it manifest, or known, to them?

In Bible times, names were not mere labels. Says A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, by J. H. Thayer: “The name of God in the N[ew] T[estament] is used for all those qualities which to his worshippers are summed up in that name, and by which God makes himself known to men.” Jesus made known God’s name not just by using it but by revealing the Person behind the name—his purposes, activities, and qualities. As the one ‘who had been in the bosom position with the Father,’ Jesus could explain the Father in a way that no one else could. (John 1:18) Moreover, so perfectly did Jesus reflect his Father that Jesus’ disciples could ‘see’ the Father in the Son. (John 14:9) By what he said and did, Jesus bore witness to God’s name.

Source(s): New World Translation Bible

jesus is imaginary - he never told anyone anything.

are you smart enough to be aware of that?

That was never written into the fictional story. The writers did not think it was necessary for the success of the con job. 

And no one is allowed to see God.  If you do you will die.

Some much for ambition, eh?   

In other words, don't ask questions. 

• Steven

@Professor I have not seen Jesus sitting at the right hand of the father in heaven. But I have in a dream seen a blue fire hovering on top of what looked mostly like what I have read described as the ark of the covenant.

John 17:25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.(1 John 4:14) In addition, we ourselves have seen and are bearing witness that the Father has sent his Son as savior of the world.

The Bible never describes Jesus using any NAME for his father.

The Bible describes Jesus using various TITLES for his father, such as

- God

- Father

- Abba (Aramaic for "father")

- Lord

• TayTay

No one knows Gods true name, it holds power

• Jeff

Oh my, that just gave me goosebumps.