promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Is Princess Leia technically not a princess?

I just started watching Star Wars for the first time (I'm watching in order of release and I'm on The Empire Strikes Back) and since the empire blew up her entire planet, is she technically not a princess? If there i no more royalty and no more people to rule after and stuff, why do people still call her "Princess Leia"? Am I stupid?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

She wasn't. But this is just one of the many inconsistencies in those star wars movies.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

All women think they're a princess, she just literally acted on it. lol

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

I guess I'm just confused by the phrasing; she acted on the thought that she's a princess and other woman don't? I- lol what

• 2 months ago

The planet may have been destroyed, but in a galactic society there would no doubt be other Alderaanians out in the galaxy. As long as the people exist, their royalty might still have a presence.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Her mum was Queen Amigdala (during her marriage and hence legal). Hence, she is the daughter of a monarch and hence a princess.

However, she might have gotten her name by Queen Breha of Alderaan, who took care of her after her mother died.

• Bw2 months agoReport

Amidala wasn't a monarch. She was elected queen and was no longer queen when Leia was born. In the story, no one would have told Leia about her real mom. It would defeat the purpose of hiding her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Leia is still a Princess even if the country she came from is no longer there.

Leia is the adopted daughter of Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, making her a Princess of Alderaan. 

• Bw2 months agoReport

Organa was a senator not a king.

• 2 months ago

It's a fantasy story. They can have whatever rules they want. Besides, it would be pretty mean if on top of losing her entire planet people stopped calling her Princess.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A princess does not rule over anything.

Being a princess merely means that at the time of your birth your parents were kings, queens or royal princes.  

It has nothing to do with whether or not they rule or ruled at all, or whether or not their country still exists.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Honestly, it doesnt have much bearing on the story, so it doesnt really matter. If you want to get technical, her parents are never referred to as king and queen. Her mother is never mentioned, and her father is only ever referred to as senator. Can the daughter of a senator even be a princess?

• 2 months agoReport

Yeah, it's like 4am over here and I'm v bored. I've only seen two of the movies, so I don't know that much regarding her background aside from that she lives on Alderaan and Alderaan blew up. Do they ever mention her dad's a senator in the original trilogy? Did I miss that?

• Lee
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes you are stupid.. think about who her parents are, where she was born and who raised her... she’s a princess in more ways than one.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lee
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

I could call you a princess just because you’re being precious, even with no lineage or marriage right.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need to get out more. When the lock down is over.

• 2 months agoReport

Yeah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.