promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Bakersfield California ?

Hi! My family and I are planning on moving to Bakersfield California from Houston Texas. Thoughts on fun things to do there? Good place to raise a family?  I don’t know anyone. I am not sure what zip code, neighborhood, and schools are best. Budget is approximately 350,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You get a real estate agent.  They will know the neighborhood, the schools in the area. And obviously the price of homes and what you can get for your money. It is their job to listen to what you want and inform you about the area along with finding a house for you 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Kelley
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The entire state of California is on shut down due to the Corona Virus. Currently, only essential stores and businesses are open. When you come to California, you will have to practice social distancing. (Recommended to stay 6 feet away from each person while in public.) Most schools are shut down. Some will open May 1st. Children are at home and completing homework assignments, online schooling or being homeschooled.

Bakersfield can get hot like Houston. Houston has high humidity with heat. Bakersfield has a dry heat.

Bakersfield pays more for minimum wage jobs than Houston. Bakersfield housing prices are also cheaper than Houston housing prices. Bakersfield is in the farmland. It is located about 1 hour from Six Flags Magic Mountain and about 2 hours from Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood. Kern County, CA is a stronger county than Harris County, TX.

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

When people in L.A. think of here, its about truck drivers, cows, Buck Owens - HeeHaw and oil rigs. Here is a website that is useful in any city or town: https://www.areavibes.com/bakersfield-ca/neighborhoods/

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.