Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

My friend is saying that his driver seat gets hot like if somebody installed a device underneath?

My friend keeps telling me that somebody installed a device underneath his driver seat and it gets really hot and like if people are trying to harm him. Is he being serious or just plain retarted?

What car does he have. Modern cars can come with seat heaters. He needs to read his owner's manual to see about that. Another thing, look under the car to see where the exhaust system is. Maybe the pipes or catalytic converter are heating the underside of the car, heating up the seat. That shouldn't happen when heat shields are in place, but we don't know what he has.

Once I rented a Chevy Sonic that had seat heaters that were controlled by the touch screen. It literally was a pain in the asss since I didn't have time to learn the touchscreen and the seat got uncomfortably hot.  I hated that little car, and the windows were tinted too effen dark for night driving.

• Scott

Your friend is stealing oxygen from the rest of society.

• Edna

Tell your friend to check his owner's manual Someone DID install a heating unit underneath the seat - it was installed by the manufacturer and is one of the  car's options. 

If his seat gets "hot", his seat has a built-in heater, and he has the heat turned on. In the summer, his seat will be "cool" if he turns on the built-in cooling unit in the seat.

Many cars have heated seats.  Sure somebody installed a device under his seat. The car maker.

Some vehicles are equipped with heated leather seats. Maybe the heat is turned on.

Depends on what the seat cover is made of and how thick that urethane cushion is under his butt. I remember the good old days of vinyl seat covers and a thin cushion between your butt and the steel springs. Newer cars have much thicker cushions and cloth seat covers. I always sit on an old thick cotton towel folded over to make the seat more comfy in the summer. Soaks up any sweat and keeps the back of your legs off of the seat cover if wearing shorts.

there are a lot of cars that come with heated seats....

does he have this feature?  Does it need to be turned off?

probably both serious and retarded.