Question For Men ONLY?

So I've been meeting up with a guy I met off a dating app . The first time meeting him we got drinks and he paid for my dinner as well. After that we went back to his place fooled around a little bit but no sex, I've met up with him now at his place 2 more times and he wants to see me again, both times we have had sex. After we get done we shower and then I stay around and we cuddle for a good 45 minutes to an hour and a half, he holds me the whole time and gives me massages,then I head home, he has also asked to take my picture ( with his cellphone )when I have been in his bed without my clothes on but has been respectful when I told him no. I never intended to start liking him as much as I am due to being divorced 2 years ago, I entered this online dating in the mindset of just looking for a hookup but now I'm not sure if I want more from him( which is scary to me )He's given me advice on how to get into the career field he's in and I have kids which I haven't told him about( my friend says I should of let him know from the start ). We talk alot during the week but on the weekends almost nothing from him. So guys from reading all this where do u think his mind is?And should I let him know about my kids?

Favorite Answer

I would say based on you have described, this is a "friends with benefits"relationship that you have going on with him! Its a relationship where you guys meet up to have sex a few times a week, and when there's no sex, its platonic texting/chatting, but without any dating involved. However, as of right now, its not an exclusive or serious relationship because NEITHER of you have sat down to have that discussion about moving it from "casual" to "serious".

Should you let him know about your children? Sure! He needs to know, because not all guys want to be saddled with being a father figure to someone elses' children. I'm not saying he's opposed to it but, if you want a serious relationship then he needs to know all the variables involved before making a decision about whether or not to proceed with you.

I think you need to cool your expectations though....You have been on one date, and had two hookups with the guy! It's far too soon to be expecting anything more from him then that at this stage, the last thing you want is to push him away by coming off too strong too soon. The best thing to do is wait another 3 months, and if in 3 months time you guys are still together, then is the time to sit him down and define what you guys are, and what you both want out of each other. As for your children? I would wait a good solid year, or more, before introducing them to him/vice versa....the last thing you want is to put them in a situation where they get hurt, all because you need a man in your life.

Sit back and let it play out.

• Barbara2 months agoReport

Idk what I want lol, I don't intend to have any guy meet my kids less than 6 months of knowing the guy, I guess I will have to tell him sooner than I wanted to about them as that seems to be an overwhelming response 

date apps not good, no good comes of it 

• ANDREW

You speaking from experience? One persons bad experience doesn’t mean everyone else will have the same issue

why let him know now, if he dont contact you, i dont know why he wants a nude pic of you, when hes got you, somethings weird about him, dump him, if you like to chat more, i am here, let me know

• Barbara2 months agoReport

He does contact me, everyday we talk except not as much on the weekends ( which I'm ok with cause my kids need more of my attention since they're not at school and I'm not at work ), I like our little hookups he's really good in bed 😂😂 so dumping that is not going to happen lol but good try

• ANDREW

He should have known about kids from start, if he’s really into you it won’t matter we don’t all run away from it but maybe with him not knowing upfront maybe an issue, you both seem happy enough round each other, tell him about your kids and be upfront how you feel, I know you maybe wearing your heart on your sleeve doing it but it’s best you both know where you stand, as for weekends maybe he had kids himself with weekend access, only he can answer that,just be honest with each other if it’s not what you want it’s not meant to be if it is then youl be fine either way don’t build a future holding stuff back, honesty is the best policy even if it’s hard sometimes 

• R L

I am a single dad raising my son on my own..i spent years putting my emotional and sexual needs on hold to focus on raising a wonderful young man. You need to be upfront and honest about any children as they are your major priority. A real man who wants a relationship will love and accept them. Its been over 2 years since divorce..you deserve real happiness not just a hook up. Don't get me wrong great sex is great sex but I know i want a solid foundation type relationship...openh and honest communication, respect, trust and of course hot sex. You sound like you really have your head on straight so why settle? The fact you never hear from him on weekends should tell you all you need to know...playboy. Well I hope my opinions help Barbara..you sound like you deserve the whole package not just crumbs......Rob

• 2 months agoReport

Crappy words Rob.  The term 'real man' has been used to subvert and denigrate men throughout history.  Choose better words Robert LaRue.

• What you're describing is hooking up. There's nothing wrong with that (wanting to have consensual sex is perfectly normal) but the likelihood of this turning into a serious relationship is minimal. As for the kid thing...the sooner the better especially so he understands that if you can't make it because of kid things you're not feeding him a line of crap.

It is dumb to ask us where his mind is when we cannot read someones mind. Lol.

You should let him know from the start that you have kids. If you want to continue to have a relationship with him I would consider telling him about you have kids.

Source(s): Any help in future please send me a text message. 313-314-2328.