Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Is it possible to get pregnant on your first time while being on birth control while the guy says he's infertile? ?

I'm 17 and I wanted to have my first experience just to try it and live a little. I'm on Nexplanon which is a birth control that raises the chances of not getting pregnant to 99% (supposedly). I don't know if I'm infertile or not but when I had my first experience, he finished inside me. He told me he was infertile but I'm still worried. I know weight also is involved and I weigh 150 at 5ft mostly because I'm muscle since I do weightlifting and track. I'm just nervous and really don't want to go to my mom about this. I've researched things a little but I'm still unsure. Is it possible? 

My nexplanon is the put in the arm

*the nexplanon I have is the one placed in the 

(Sorry I just wanted to reword it)

(I can't type correctly apparently I'm so sorry)

The nexplanon I have is the one placed in your arm 

(Sorry it was just going to bother me if I didn't fix it)

Favorite Answer

Yes it's possible.  BUT it's very unlikely you would be pregnant.  it being your first time has no effect on the chance of getting pregnant.  Personally, I doubt his claims of being infertile, sounds like an excuse not to use a condom (not that from a BC point of view you need to use condoms on top of the implant.  STDs, that's another question).

Exercising heavily can also reduce your chances of pregnancy above and beyond what your hormone implant does.  Your chance of pregnancy is as low as you can get it without having a hysterectomy.

He pumped you full huh?

• car253

You can get pregnant with just the first time.     And, if the guy is over 18 that is rape !

• car253

We live in the United States.   We have more morals than other countries do.    We protect our kids against rape and against child molestation.    Kids legally can NOT consent to sex if they are under 18.    That is either RAPE or Child molestation which can be proscuted.  Laws are there to protect.

YES. The likelihood depends on things you didn't mention, but the ONLY 100% reliable way to prevent pregnancy is celibacy.

• Eva

Don't ever believe a guy when he say's he's infertile.

• Judy

Being your first time doesn't matter. If you believe a guy saying he's infertile, you aren't being very smart. Being on birth control, you probably are not pregnant, but it's not for sure. good luck.

Guys will say anything to get into bed. Make him prove that infertile BS. Best you take a pregnancy test.

• car253

Good idea.

It's possible. It's possible that a guy who says he's infertile isn't really infertile. It's possible to get pregnant while on that birth control; that's why they say 99%, not 100%.

Also, without condoms, the chances of STD's are about the same as if you weren't using any birth control. Even if you are on Nexplanon, you should still use condoms to prevent disease.

• Bill

being infertile is a fallacy and is a ploy used to screw over innocents . Stay on the pill and make him uses a cover as it's prime purpose is to stop the STD transfers

Yes, it's possible.