promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Since people who have recovered from covid-19 are thereby immune to it, wouldn't make since for them to go back to work?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

But that is not true. Immunity is short lived if it exists at all. Up to ten percent of people have been reinfected according to the south china morning post. I hate to say Google it, but Yahoo is back to its old tricks of hiding posts with links in them. google it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Update:

Hindusufi 🖕🖕🖕

Immune | Definition of Immune at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com › browse › immune

adjective. protected from a disease or the like, as by inoculation. of or relating to the production of antibodies or lymphocytes that can react with a specific antigen: immune reaction. exempt or protected: immune from punishment.

Nobody is immure to the covid-19. The people who are infected with it probably still have it, and are carriers, so it would be a bad idea to go to work well unless if people are self employed, and can work from home.

I have not read, or seen anything that shows the coronavirus leaving the human body.

I think once a human being is infected then that person will stay infected. The concept of being immune to something means that a human being has taken a vaccine to become a immune to something.

I am immune to 2 different things, but not to the coronavirus. Yes, I received two different vaccines.

I paid around $750, for one of my vaccines, and the other one was free.

• ...Show all comments
    • Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You need to do substantially more reading.  When you've studied microbiology and epidemiology like I have, get back to me.  A basic definition at dictionary.com has limited meaning.

• 2 months ago

They are not 100% sure you are immune, not exactly sure of when it stops being transmissible.

Chances are its safe but there is also the possibility they could be carriers spreading it to others who are not immune.

• 2 months ago

They've confirmed over a month ago that you can get reinfected.

• amania_r
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That's very rare though and no different from other viruses

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i think so too , that that would make sense

• Mr. P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

This is why they are developing tests to see if you are ok to go back to work. My bet it will be mandatory to have the test - or your benefits/ assistance stop. GET BACK TO WORK!

• 2 months ago

As with many other illnesses there are often serious after effects and it can take months to feel well again.

It also needs to be determined how long they remaine infectious after the illness and how long immunity lasts.

There have been unconfirmed (as gar as I know) reports of people coming down with the virus a second time only weeks after recovering.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No because they could still catch it.

• Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It's very unlikely.

• 2 months ago

It would make even more sense for EVERYONE not experiencing symptoms or otherwise at high risk to go back to work and exercise the same precautions advised for EVERY flu season.

• 2 months ago

The problem is that they don’t know how long they’ll be immune. Is it lifetime that needs an occasional boost like the chickenpox or is it a year like the seasonal flu. 

If a bunch of people recovered and goes back to work, then the immunity goes away, it’s like starting all over again. People think they’re immune when they’re really not. Is it worse to get it a second time or will there still be some immunity so it’ll be a mild symptom. 

• 2 months ago

yip but most people's works are completely closed down

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.