Credit Card Payment ?

So I got my first Credit Card with a $500 Credit line. I’ve used it and have a current balance of $126.43. My payment due date says April 11 & Closing date is April 14. 

My Total Minimum Payment Due says $0.00I’m very new to this and it’s hard to reach out to my bank because if the Corona Virus quarantine situation. I want to pay my bill so I payed $26.43 just to see if anything would happen. It removed the $26.43 from my checking account But it didn’t lower my current balance of $126.43My question is what happened when I pay a part of my credit card while $0 is due. Does that make me be ahead on my payment? My credit statement still says total minimum payment due is $0.00. Did I lose my $26.43 dollars because it did not lower my balance? Will my current balance of $126.43 lower because  I paid $26.43? 

I think you read the dates wrong. Traditionally:  A MARCH 14 closing date would call for a payment at the latest April 11. The APRIL 14 closing date will be due before May 11.  When did you make the purchases ?? (best guess: after March 14 - which is why you have a current balance, but no payment due. [no harm in paying early.])

Just takes a day or two to finish processing the payment. Need to pay the other $100, just to see what happens.

I prepaid my power bill with my credit card on 2/5. I won't owe it until April 1

I paid a $2 fee to pay $600. So I earn 2% cashback which exceeds what I would earn in interest. Plus, I have the benefit of not having to pay my power bill as often.

Your balance will go down once they process the payment of $26.43.  If your credit card and your bank account is with the same company, that shouldn't take more than a day.

• Jim

They didn't process the payment yet. Yes it will go down $26.43.