As you've gotten older, let's say you're at least 50+ years old, have your political views changed from Conservative to Liberal?

Favorite Answer

No, but my views have become more practical and less political.

god no.  only the ones suffering from snowflake delusion and tds do.

Like mss as my Americans, I’ve gone the other way.  I was a dreamer and idealist when I was young, but as I learned and experienced more, I became more conservative. 

“The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people’s money”

Exactly the opposite.

I used to be a conservative because it was all I knew. My family was very conservative. During high school my best friend's mom was very active in politics. She was a liberal and had been active in the women's movement. Her politics made a lot more sense to me and still does.

• Rick B

Nope. I am 51 and have been a conservative my entire life.

Nope.  I remember being a very little girl listening to the radio when Carter was POTUS, the recession, the price of milk, gasoline, the oil embargo, things like that. 

When I was just a bit older and Reaganomics was under attack by the media, I couldn't understand why people didn't want tax cuts because a grownup can certainly do better in life with their money in their pocket's rather than Uncle Sam's.  I was just a kid, but I remember thinking that that seemed ridiculous that people kept fighting for ever-higher taxes. 

I also remember what Trickle Down Economics did for the country.  The Decade of Excess, power lunches, women entering the workforce as business people, not waitresses and secretaries at unprecedented (at that point) levels.  I remember Reagan's re-election in 1984.  He won 49 states out of 50.  People really liked him and his policies, and they worked for most people. 

My core beliefs have always been my core beliefs and that's not ever going to change.  Individual politicians might be R or D or I, doesn't matter to me.  If they're courting my vote by believing in my core set of values, I will vote for them.  If they don't, I won't, regardless of party. 

I was never conservative, and have never voted for a right of center candidate or party.

And yes, life experience has shown me that liberalism is what WORKS for the 99%.

I'm 52 years old. The last Democrat I voted for was Bill Clinton the first time he ran. 

I haven't since and never will vote for a Democrat again. 

I was fairly right-wing in my youth. But then life experience turned me liberal.