Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

What would you do if you caught your 18 year old daughter drinking beer?

• GB

We went for a meal for her 18th birthday, and she ordered a wine. She tried a sip of her  Dad's beer but didn't like it.  18 is the minimum drinking age in the UK.

Have a talk with her,ask her how long she been drinking and how much do she drink at one time .Explain to her that people spike drinks,Young ladies get taken advantage of and not to drink and drive.Let her know that she can call you if she is somewhere drinking and feel the environment is unsafe. She might drink because her friends drink at this age don't push her away too many people coming up missing.

Nothing because 18 year olds are allowed to drink beer. (In europe)

I suppose it depends on where she was, along with a few other factors

• KTJoe

Inform daughter to only drink wine coolers, or Budweisers raspberry rehta, the alcohol content is very low.

There would be no caught. Shed have no reason to hid it, 18 is the age she can legally buy her own alcohol. Not sure what the big deal would be

• Starlight 1

And Catherine, there is current debate about raising the voting age to 21 as well, which would change the electoral picture considerably here. I don't know where you are, but I suspect that your voting age is 18. Imagine living in a country where it's later than that.

I would act severely, but only because it is a banned substance for that age and I would get in trouble myself if not enough is done on my part.

I didn't start drinking until I was 24... had plenty of opportunities but just never really thought about it.

I would get her to drink wine and tell her to drink responsibly. Drinking wine looks more sophisticated and makes her look more like a female. Women drinking beer reminds me of biker babes or women that just got out of jail. 

In most of the world, the drinking age is 18. It’s only 16 in Italy, and in Macau, there’s no minimum age. 

• Elliot2 months agoReport

Nope. Drinking alcohol on private property is entirely legal at any age. It's buying and selling which is prohibited.

Make her share one

I'd wonder how she was mine?