promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why does Canada currently only have 35 serious cases of COVID-19 while the US has 2,096?

Is it because Canadians are not afraid of bankruptcy when they go to the doctor at the first symptoms of an illness, while Americans tends to wait until they are seriously ill? 

And you thought that employer insurance would protect you.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Canada isn't handicapped by trump's epic ineptitude or a right wing that doesn't think health care is a human right.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Joseph
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Canada has one tenth the USA's population and not a hundredth of the USA's international travel.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

1.  Canada has done far less testing, so will have fewer confirmed cases.  

2.   Canada has a much lower population, so we expect it will, have fewer cases. 

3.    The virus arrived In the U.S. first, so is a weed so ahead of  Canada.  

4.    Canada has fewer cases but a higher mortality rate.  That’s nothing to brag about.  

I hope that helped. It’s fairly basic  really.  I’m surprised you didn’t already know these basic facts.  

• ...Show all comments
    • Cindy LGPB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Canada's mortality rate as I said was one death per million while the US has 5 deaths per million.

• humpty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

According to the CBC they have a hundred serious cases to date, but that in no way invalidates your point. I have two children who took advantage of their dual citizenship to settle in Victoria and am much comforted by their continued well being in a nation with civilized health care.

• ...Show all comments
    • Cindy LGPB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Update, the numbers from the WHO were just updated and Canada now has 120 serious cases (the CBC was reporting this earlier apparently) but the US now is up to 13,968 total new cases today and their serious cases has now increased to 2,112     

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

because you're not there to cry and cry and cry about their "racist policies" and "hatred of the poor"....

oh wait... you don't know how their immigration and citizenship standards differ from ours.... or how they are specifically designed to limit who gets to enjoy benefits and the level of state control over the population...do you?

considering you're parroting this parrot point virtually verbatim two days after it first started appearing on internet forums.... how could you?

• 2 months ago

In his true cuck fashion Trudeau let the virus take his wife while he watched.

• 2 months ago

That’s one reason because health insurance is expensive and most people can’t cover the co-payment. 

I think Trudeau said it best:  Canada’s goal is to save lives while America’s goal is to save the economy. 

• al
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It's because it's so freaking cold up there! Kills the virus!

• Chris
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

COVID-19 does not attack caribou. Also, the virus cannot survive a slap shot from the blue line.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Many reasons. You wouldn’t understand.

• Cindy LGPB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Many?  Oh, try me and give me one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.