Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Agree or Disagree: Every American should own a gun ?

For their safety and the safety of their family. 

Disagree murder sends you to hell

I completely agree.

• ?

YES and Every REAL AMERICAN CITIZEN should have the right to carry openly anywhere. They should have the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT FOR SELF DEFENSE as THE COPS will not do it and or by the time a cop shows up its already to late.

'

A Couple conditions should go with it, EDUCATION, SAFETY CLASSES and TRAINING, EVERY AMERICAN IN SCHOOL should have MANDATORY FIRST AID and EMERGENCY CARE GIVER CLASSES, and ALL PEOPLE IN SCHOOL should have CPR CLASSES starting in the 6th grade.

• Axiom

'CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT FOR SELF DEFENSE' Groan! You watched too many Westerns as a kid. Your precious “Constitchooochun” isn't fit for $hit paper.  The general public should not be allowed to walk around with a gun.! FFS

• humpty

I am a lifetime hunter who is armed to the teeth, but I disagree. No American should be allowed to own a gun until they have passed a gun maintenance and safety course. We are not talking about muskets any more, and these weapons are too dangerous to let any idiot have access to them.

I support mandatory training before purchase. Perhaps the NRA could teach one for a small fee that would provide them with operating funds independent of the arms manufacturers and Kremlin.

• Joshua2 months agoReport

Well I was taught proper safety and maintenance by my dad pretty much my whole life. When I discovered YouTube I was always looking up info about all types of firearms, ammo, and pretty much anything to do with guns. I never had an actual training class, but I feel very comfortable with any firearm.

• Most should own a firearm. There are a few who should be nowhere near a firearm.

I still remember the 1970s "All in the Family" show with Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor) doing a TV public service spot about airplane hijacking prevention--"Hand out a gun to each passenger when they get on board.  A hijacker would be crazy to try something with all those guns pointed at him."

Disagree.  People who WANT to own a gun and will do so RESPONSIBLY should own guns.  

• STEVEN F

I agree, but I don't call anyone else an American, regardless of citizenship or place of birth.

While owning a gun is a Constitutional right, Not every "American" should own a gun.

Some Americans are children, some are mentally disabled, or have violence problems, or are criminals or insane. So NOT every American. 

• ?

Agree. 

............

Of course not.

Imagine if you were forced to take up a hobby and pay a lot of money and own something your neighbor or relative is into even though you aren't interested in it. Wtf.

• Bill

It's funny how that makes you upset, but having businesses forced closed and having stay at home orders all over the country is something you agree with.