Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Is it unsafe to take public transport during the Coronavirus breakout?

I have to work and I am wondering if it’s safer to walk or bus since I don’t have a car and definitely can’t afford to taxi or Uber everyday . 

Walk...........

If it is a walkable distance, then it would be nothing much of bike ride.  I was hoping that you had a bike.  The bike would keep you up off of the ground, and it would be your own personal mode of transportation that you didn't have to share with others.  I'm not sure now is the right time to go shopping for a bike if you don't already have one.

• Edna

That would have to depend upon how far you have to walk. If it were me, I would take the bus. 

I wouldn't chance it. Almost anywhere is walking distance, if you make the time.

Taxi's are not running. So walking is your only option. Businesses are not suppose to be open either.

• Scott

I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't ride public transit anyway.

• Kev

11,000 people catch the virus every day in your country at the moment. Don’t ride the bus.

• Jenn2 months agoReport

I better get my sneakers ready to walk to work than. lol 

• J

Safer to drive, because you should keep 6ft apart  from others, when in public places - and at work, if possible.

Probably more unsafe then driving yourself. You should wear masks and gloves. Keep away your hands from your face, and wash your hands as soon as you get to work. Try boosting your immune system by taking supplements and vitamins so you don't catch it as easily.

• Edna

A face mask does absolutely nothing to prevent you from catching an illness. It only prevents you from passing your illness on to other people you might come into contact with.