promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Could I be pregnant?

I had sex one time (in my entire life) a little over two weeks ago. I'm on birth control, I haven't missed a day in months (although I am late to take it sometimes) and we used a condom.

I had my period this week. Usually my period lasts 5-6 days. This one started late Monday and today (Thursday) I have basically 0 bleeding. I had heavy bleeding Tuesday and Wednesday like usual, but now it's just stopped. This hasn't happened to me before and I fear I might be pregnant. Could it be the case or could something else be causing this?

Update:

I take my next active pill on Saturday, by the way.

Update 2:

It is difficult for me to access reproductive healthcare, so I guess I wanna calm my nerves before taking the leap of purchasing a pregnancy test (risky for me at the moment).

Update 3:

A member or two is ill-informed about pregnancy. People can bleed during the early stages of pregnancy, and this is often mistaken for a period. Please use Google before calling me "dumb" thank you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sex can result in pregnancy.  Birth control will reduce the chance, it will not eliminate it.

period = not pregnant  2 days of heavy bleeding, even if it's not your normal period, is a period.  you can take a pregnancy test but you are wasting your money.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You're not pregnant.

• 2 months ago

Pregnant women never have periods.

You are not pregnant.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are NOT pregnant, the pill stops you ovulating and you used a condom.

There are no periods on the pill but a withdrawal bleed. These vary in length from 2 to 6 days.

Stop worrying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're not pregnant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.