Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Is the feminist obesity acceptance message consistent with current healthcare advice?

Favorite Answer

No.  Health experts say obesity is America’s top overall health problem.  

Big, bouncy and beautiful.

No.  It's just a shelter for some who demand not to be shamed for their poor health choices.  As for acceptance, these folks already have it.  From themselves.

Ladies, you can call yourselves "big and beautiful", "thicc" or "Rubenesque"  but if you don't find those "qualities" acceptable in men, don't you imagine men wouldn't find you attractive as well?

There's a HUGE difference between "obesity is great" and the message MOST want spread, which is "stop picking on fat people."

A few overweight people pretending they're perfectly healthy is not a "movement."

Stop picking on fat people.

Source(s): I've been walking approx 17 miles a day on the Pacific Crest Trail and I'm anything but fat.

I have never seen an obesity acceptance message. The messages I have seen is accepting PEOPLE of various sizes. There are many thin people/short/redheads who are mocked/insulted as well. You don't have to be obese to be abused. Society has gotten so rude and crude, many people think it's ok to make unnecessary comments to total strangers regarding their appearance because 'they' don't like it! LIVE AND LET LIVE! (But I love how these type of comments come up targeting the overweight only and not mentioning what other groups go through!!)

• Dont Call Me Dude

Sorry, I actually meant that for someone else. But I DO like what you wrote. I've never understood why they go on and on and on about the overweight. ESPECIALLY since it's a good bet that some of them are themselves.

Nutritionists have been shifting their healthcare advice to be more consistent with the fat acceptance movement, shifting their focus to weight-neutral outcomes and adopting the doctrine of Health at Every Size.

Obviously obesity in anyone can lead to health problems.  However, being stick thin can also lead to health issues too.  What would be great for all of society, is to stop 'bashing' men or women for being over weight.

They can plead acceptance all they want but single guys by and large will simply go someplace else. Health wise fat is always a problem. The more fat the harder the heart has to work to pump the blood through all of it. More body, greater blood volume, more energy needed to pump the blood.

"Is the feminist obesity acceptance message consistent with current healthcare advice?"

No, obviously not.  The "body positivity" or acceptance movement is in the business of socially engineering society to accept diverse body types.  And that would be fine if they admitted as much.  The problem, like everything else feminism, is that ideology gets the better of them, and they begin to believe that their dogma can trump science.  It cannot!

The rest of us always need to draw the line as to what is acceptable when coming from feminists because obviously they never will.  Yes, it's fine to accept diverse body types.  It's NOT healthy to be extremely fat.  This is so simple, it's stupid.  Leave it up to feminist ideologues to go on and promote unhealthy fat bodies as being "diverse".

.

• liz

I have never seen an obesity acceptance message.