Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Is it safe to order food right now?

I live in the UK which is in lock-down and my local supermarket has been stripped bare and I have very little food until tomorrow night when my parents are sending me some. My local takeaway is open and I considered ordering from them. But is it safe too? Can the virus be transmitted through food? Thanks 

Some of u people cant   read and if I get it delivered I'm not out am i

Clive thank you for actually reading the question and not being rude. I work for the NHS so can only shop when not at work. Even when I can shop online there's little to get. Amazing how disrespectful people are...I'm working my **** off. Haven't been nursing that long. 

• Clive
    Favorite Answer

Amazing how so far nobody has read the question, which clearly asks "is it safe if I order a takeaway?"

Yes, as it will be safe if it's hot, and whoever delivers it will be taking even more precautions than normal.

For future reference, go shopping first thing in the morning.  The supermarket will have restocked overnight (mostly they're closing early to give them more time to refill shelves) so get in early.  I was in Sainsbury's about 9.20 this morning and it wasn't too bad.

Still no pasta, though, but I can guess why - all the selfish people have bought loads because it keeps for ages, and it has to come from Italy because we don't grow the right kind of wheat.  And you know the problems Italy's having at the moment.

Hope you managed to eat something, and tomorrow, go out bright and early!

I wouldn't.  Virus or no virus.

The PM was clear that trips to the store for essential food items is permitted and since you have no food I'd say a trip now is pretty essential so off you go and remember, don't go within 2 metres of anyone else as best as you can help it.

If that's a serious question your parents shouldn't have left you alone.

For God's sake WAKE UP and start taking notice. You are an idiot!

• Jim

Yes it can. But most places are being VERY careful!

Always have a bags of beans and bags rice for emergencies! You can live weeks on $10 worth of food.