Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Can i use my car during UK coronavirus? ?

With not much to do during this Coronavirus lockdown, i really want to take the extra time to start teaching my little sister to drive. 

We wont be getting out to go the shop or interacting with anyone else. All i want to do is for me and her to leave the house for like an hour, get in my car, have a small drive and then come straight back. I know its probably a stupid question but, is that allowed? 

As soon as the police see the L plates on the car your be stopped. This is

not the right time to give driving lessons unless you have the use of a private

road.

• Barry

No. The journey has to be essential.

• Cei

While I understand that you won't be interacting with anyone, according to the rules it's not allowed.

Only essential journeys are to be made. Teaching someone to drive is not considered an essential journey

Is teaching your kid sister to drive;

Shopping for basic necessities: “as infrequently as possible”.

Taking one form of exercise a day, for example, a run, walk, or cycle: alone or with members of your household.

Dog walking is permitted as part of the exercise people can take per day. Households with two or more members can take it in turns to walk their dog so the dog gets more than one walk a day.

To look after any medical need, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person.

To donate blood.

Children aged under 18 with separated parents can visit both homes.

To travel to and from work, “but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home”.

If it isn't, you can't.