promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Temperature of 93.7 as a diabetic teen?

My daughter complained of feeling cold a lot when we ate breakfast this morning and she woke up with a HIGH registered in her meter, which is anywhere above 500 for her. I grabbed the thermometer to make sure she didn’t have a fever but she felt clammy when I touched her forehead only to find out she had a 93.7 temp both times we checked. Can this be related to simply high blood sugar or is there a more serious issue here?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

She should go to an urgent care. "anywhere above 500" is really bad and only a short time away from diabetic ketoacidosis, a medical emergency.

When your sugar spikes, you become vasoconstricted. That's probably why she's so cold. She needs insulin and needs to get her sugar under control.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any concerns should obviously be addressed with a doctor.  Otherwise it's important to note any temperature taken from the forehead or ear can be anomalous with at home devices and with such a low temperature you need to take one in her mouth under her tongue and get her real temperature.  The forehead devices in particular can give wild readings and really should just be treated as an urgency to test with a more accurate method when you get a reading that causes concern.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.