Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 days ago

What should I do? (Coronavirus concern)?

My workplace closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and of course, I’m out of a job and am struggling to get unemployment.

My cousin and his wife are still working since they both work in healthcare-related areas, and they are in desperate need for a babysitter for their 4 kids for most likely the rest of the year (daycares are closed). 

My question is should I take on babysitting 4 kids for extra money with the virus outbreak? Would that be a good idea?

My concern about is that I live with someone who has serious health issues and I’m scared about my cousin and his wife possibly carrying the virus on them as well as the kids and then myself bringing it home to my family with someone who is most at risk.

• Foofa
    3 days ago

Tell these two selfless frontline workers that you'll sit for them but only as a live-in because you can't risk taking anything home to your immunocompromised family member. There's really no other safe way to do this. Better to crash on their couch than to kill someone you love.

6 days ago

i would help out by babysitting the kids, they need to go to work

• 6 days ago

Nope, if you live with someone who is immune-compromised from pre-existing health conditions, you should not be taking in children who will be going back and forth from your home to their own home with parents who work in healthcare. Just not wise.

• audrey
    6 days ago

No. Not worth the risk to the person who lives with you. Plus, do you really want to care for FOUR. Kids?

• If I were you, I'd continue to look for employment elsewhere. 

The safety for everyone's sake at this time should be taken seriously. 

Best of luck.