Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 days ago

Dad legally kidnapper my brother "cause I spoke with mom"?

For majority of my childhood my parents had a nasty custody battle. After losing it my dad won full custody, and when I turned 18 he took of to another country, forcing my brother out of high school to come with him. His put a program on his phone that blocks my brother from contacting anyone his ever known. I haven't heard from my bro in 4 months and it really hurts.

My dad says his doing this cause I talk with my mom and shes making me spread her so called agenda onto my brother, making him talk about missing her. First of all that's really not true and I'm very tired of explaining why so please just believe me..

Now I really miss my brother and its killing that so many rights of his have been taken away. His 16 ffs. What do I do to make my dad understand that I'm not under moms influence, or is there any other ways??

6 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Yikes.   But something is wrong here and you need to figure this out somehow.  In custody battles, there's almost always wording put in there that neither parent can move to another state (let alone another country) and take a minor child with them.  This is very standard stuff.  If I were you, I'd want to know what that custody agreement says.  Can you look through mom's documents when she's gone?  Another option:   Now that you're 18, you can see an atty yourself and ask about it.  It will cost money, but not a lot, since you just want to know your options. 

It's horrible that you and your bro got separated and it's even worse that you can't talk to each other.  But since a minor is involved, it's your mom's job to find a way so this doesn't happen.  Are you saying she hasn't been in touch with her child in 4 months?  If so, this is horrible, and it's on both your parents.  That may be another reason for you to talk to an atty.  Separate yourself.

The other option is save your money and fly out to where dad and your bro are.  I'm sure  your bro would love this show of support.  Rip dad a new one and tell him both his kids will hate him forever if he doesn't grow TFU and help them stay in touch.

6 days ago

maybe you should tell the police he kidnapped him