promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is harvey weinstein a victim...?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No he's a piece of **** rapist who belonged in jail long ago and who should be hanged for abusing women. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's proven in court so no explanation is needed here. 

• 2 months ago

I victim of his own arrogance and lewdness! I still can't fathom how someone can behave like that and walk around acting like a normal person. Some things are done in PRIVATE - whereas he did it everywhere. Just like a dog. Which is clearly what he is!

• Shera2 months agoReport

He had ties to Epstein, he only got what was coming for him. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

While the women who had sex with him consented, they only did so because he’s a man.  Because of the patriarchy, many women can’t say no to men, so their consent doesn’t really count as consent.   

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Harvey Weinstein was found guilty in a court of law.  That is not the case with most #MeToo accusations however.  

• 2 months ago

A victim of his own stupid actions, he got away with it for years.  Believing that his wealth and influence allowed him to take what ever he wanted from whomever he wanted.

If you want to rape people or sexually abuse them, then you deserve to end up in Prison.  Normal men do not need to resort to rape or abuse.  The fact you believe that this sex predator is a victim, equals you as not a decent person, Canadacraig, shame on you.

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

I can't imagine what he would have done without his money. A truly ugly man physically as well as spiritually.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No way he's a victim.  He used his position to put women in the situation where the only way they could maintain or advance their position in his realm was to have sex with him.  Beyond that, he used physical force, fraud etc to engage in unwanted relationships.

That being said, there is a nuance that needs to be addressed:

What happens if she says no, he goes ahead and forces her and later she complains and is paid to shut up?  Does that make her a prostitute?

ONLY if that was her plan to begin with.  That is, she deliberately put her self in a position to use sex to get a payoff.

If she had no intention of having sex and was coerced or forced to, and then was paid off, then she's a victim trying to make the best of a bad situation.*

Nowhere along the line has Weinstein said that any of his accusers feined not wanting sex so they they could shake him down at a later date.  And frankly, even if he did make that counter accusation, he would still have to admit having sex with them after they presented that they didn't want sex.

So no, he's not a victim.  Not even close.

I'm not saying women can't abuse this era of #MeToo, I'm not saying that false accusations don't happen, I'm not even saying that all accusations against Weinstein are legitimate (and I suppose you could consider him a victim to the degree that some of the accusations probably are false or overblown ... but NOT ALL OF THEM).

If you have 39 legitimate accusations and 1 false accusation, does that make you a victim?

*So this brings about another interesting question:  If she "willingly" signs a contract saying that she won't say anything, receives a large quantity of money in trade for that, and then says something later, has she violated the contract, and if so, what should her penalty be?

To the degree that that contract is in place to prevent the discovery of a crime, it is arguably PART of that crime (at least if he has control of the people negotiating the contract).

In American law, contracts made in furtherance of a crime are not considered legally binding.  The fact that he then transferred a bunch of money to her is not covered by a legal contract and there is no "pro quo" to his "quid".  He's out of luck.

More interesting question:  If she makes the deal with a third party, say, another studio, NOT acting on his behalf, but instead acting on their own behalf (trying to save themselves embarrassment for working with such a slime ball), are THEY out of luck?

Any lawyers out there?  I would think they might have cause to sue her if she speaks UNLESS she is compelled to by law (the same way other non-disclosures are broken).

• ...Show all comments
    • Elana
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

By THAT definition, sure, Weinstein is a victim.  However, he's far more of a perpetrator.  I don't have any sympathy for him.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only of his own desires and greed.

• ...Show all comments
    • canadacraig
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Because all of those 'women' were really just 'little girls' and not responsible for any of the decisions that they made. Right Maia? Grow up! 

• 2 months ago

He's hardly a victim -- but his sentence looks as though the courts capitulated to the baying mob.

Rape sentences are meant to reflect the offence itself , along with the aggravating factors involved, such as the levels of power and coercion that the perpetrator had over the victims ..

In Weinstein's case  his accusers /victims were mature women ,who maintained close, and in some cases sexual ,contact with him for  significant periods of time, after the initial offence .

He was an employer ,a man who had power over their careers -- but,they could have walked away and informed the police at any time -- and they chose not to .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes of obesity and ugliness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.