Do talented people (dancers, singers, actors, painters, etc.) need a platform to show their talent?

Favorite Answer

Since part of their talent involves affecting an audience I don’t know how to say someone who has no audience is talented.  It doesn’t need to be a huge, world-wide audience but 

performing involves an interaction between people.

Well, I suppose you could just dance in your kitchen, sing in the shower and paint in the garage.

I'm not sure what you mean.

A platform is not necessary but it is helpful for more people in the audience to see them. In a pinch, however, they can perform from right on the same floor level as the audience. I've been to quite a few house concerts with singer/songwriters and they're invariably just standing in front of us and performing, not on any kind of platform.

Hope that helps - stay safe!

• Tony B

Well I can't see how, for example, a talented dancer could show their talent without actually dancing.

Sorry if I'm missing point 😳

NEED? No. WANT? Yes.