Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Husband refuses to stay in during pandemic?

My husband always wants to be out with his friends while I’m at home with the baby. There is a pandemic and he wants to go out partying with friends. When I bring it up he says you can’t control me Which I don’t because he does what he want anyways. I’m worried because we have a baby and I don’t want my child or I sick so I’m taking precautions I feel like he’s being selfish because he tells me if I’m that worried go to my moms. I mean the people who he hung out with worked at the airport so I’m kinda nervous you know. What would you do?

• LizB

I think you should go to your mom's. Your health would be safer, and you'd probably have more help with the baby. Your husband sounds kinda useless, TBH, and I doubt this started with the pandemic.

lol Bred with a weak seed there didn't you. You reap what you sow, love. I just hope innocent people outside your household don't suffer for his stupidity. He sounds like a selfish little boy, and you a door mat. Grow some back-bone for the sake of your child. And if this is a troll question then thanks for the 2 points. 

I am wondering why you are with someone that would even risk giving a potentially fatal disease to a baby.

Source(s): Nurse

You'll be fine

I'm in a similar situation. My husband has not been able to drive for several weeks due to neck surgery. And he's at risk because he's a senior with diabetes.

His neck brace is due to come off soon. All he talks about is hanging out with his friends.

I'm seriously considering hiding his car keys--we're not supposed to be going out anyway and you can get food, drugs and anything else delivered. He can talk to his friends on the phone. He will probably get very nasty if I do that, even if I explain it's for his own good.

Tell him to not come home next time he goes out as he is putting you and the child at risk, then lock the doors when he leaves so he can't get back in.

Wow. I cannot believe a man would not self isolate to protect his wife and baby. Protect yourself and baby the best you can. 

Symptoms can range and vary greatly... some very mild, and many people have gotten over it.  The thing is, it can last even as long as a month long per person -- and with so many people out of work, it will undoubtedly have disastrous results for the economy -- I just do not see, how it wouldn't. Taking precautions is fine, but people need to continue working, because even if they defer rent payments...etc... all of these things will still accrue/accumulate.

I would wait for him to come home and start spraying Lysol on him. If he touches the baby, get some antiseptic wipe to clean the baby. Don't sleep on the bed with him. Go to sleep in the guest bedroom or on the sofa. Just tell him not to touch you.