Hunter asked in SportsRunning · 2 months ago

Would jogging help extreme anxiety?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Try it and see. For MANY exercise does boost their mood. I love going for a run if I'm troubled over something or stressed. I managed to resolve my problem or at least get my thoughts to a point where they aren't troubling me so much.

.

"When you engage in high-intensity exercise, your body and brain produce hormones and neurotransmitters that have a positive impact on your mood, memory, energy levels, and sense of well-being." (see more on this topic at the source link)

• Dave

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

singing loudly will lessen your anxiety ,To be Honest ,because anxiety is usually attributed to depression ,singing loudly will release all your pent-up emotions ,and is helpful in getting rid of anxiety ,

• Ben

Exercise tends to help with mental health in general I hear.

• Minty

Never helped me. Jogging can help with a lot of things but it's not going to cure anxiety. If your cat dies, going for a jog won't make the grief go away and it won't make anxiety go away either. It's a healthy thing to do, exercise does promote good health mental and physical but it's just a hobby. It can distract your mind and body temporarily but you can't run forever. I had/have severe anxiety too-#1 Jesus is my peace, never knew peace before Him. #2 don't be afraid to feel anxiety, it's just a feeling that will pass. Literally anxiety disorders happen from a fear of lack of control, you have to learn to let go. It's hard, takes time, turn to God he will guide you. Bless you in Jesus Name 💙✝

P.S. for some people it can be a chemical imbalance but it's typically not imo

• Ben

If your cat dies that's a little different because it's a one-time event. Regular anxiety about living can be alleviated to a degree through exercise and movement in general. It stimulates good, physical feelings, provides new ideas, and gets you to see the world differently.

• martin

Yes. Any exercise would, especially jogging outdoors.

• Steve

Exercise of any kind would help anxiety. Frequent jogging will do the trick. Exercise releases endorphins inside your body which in turn make you feel better. Google it. Exercise has many positive consequences on your body.

it might decrease it