promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If the "Paranormal" isn't real why is it listed in the Science and Mathematics section.?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Maybe because many actual scientists have studied the topic.

While it may sound like blasphemy to you, scientists don't know everything.  Any scientist with a degree will easily admit they don't know everything, which would explain why they're always asking for research funding.  If they knew everything, they wouldn't need to research anything.

And yes, there are accredited scientists doing research into the unknown.  There's a whole lot of unknown stuff out there.  One scientist (an OB/Gyn) explained it to me in layman's terms.  He said the stuff scientists know for sure would fill a shot glass, the stuff they kind-of understand but still have questions about would fill an average juice pitcher, and the stuff they have no clue about would fill the Great Lakes twice over.

• Jesere
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Oh, the paranormal has been a big part of my normal life

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • D g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it makes them feel better

• AgProv
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It's all Quantum.

• 2 months ago

I believe paranomal is real.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Congratulations on understanding that Paranormal is in the Science and Mathematics section. That point has escaped at least one poster here for years and it's been the subject of many of his trolls and nasty behaviors.

I've asked the same question. It's actually Alternative Science, a subsection of Science and Math. It's a place to find out if things like psychics and ghosts are real. Here you can read answers from both sides and based on what you find make up your own mind what is real and what is not. Take Stargate, for example, some say it's solid evidence remote viewing is real and the US Military proved it. Others like me will show evidence it is no such thing. Reasonable conclusions can not be made without consideration of all sides. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Garrett
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I do not think anyone is clairvoyant or telepathic. I was brainwashed with my parents' religion and politics, but I overcame it. It is sad that Jesere cannot do so with paranormal beliefs. Has Gary K ever been objective about Trump, The Washington Pos, etc.?t

• 2 months ago

Yahoo Answers put it there on purpose so that believers and skeptics could clash and then keep returning to battle their opposition. 

I know my smootchy honeybuns English Guy wouldn't come here unless he could argue and abuse everyone. There's plenty of other paranormal sites that only have believers but he refuses to go to them, he only likes forums where he can accuse everyone of being gay. I know, it's weird, and I am trying my best to help him be confident with his own sexuality, but it sure is an uphill battle. 

• 2 months ago

cause someone put it there

• Garrett
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

????????????????????????

• So that we can provide scientific explanations for your imaginary paranormal experiences. 

• Garrett
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

EG hates Science & Logic! He is the "fecking retard"!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause someone moved it there

• 2 months ago

It could be classed as science theory, and paranormal doesn't only refer to ghosts.

• Garrett
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Scientific theories have much strong supporting evidence, but paranormal "gao pei" has none at all. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.