promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why do some African Americans believe they're the true Hebrews/Jews?

Im not Jewish so it doesn't really bother me that they're hijacking another people's culture and history. But I am curious. What makes them believe they're the "true Jews"? What evidence do they have besides the Photoshop images online on non-reputable sites like realhistory (or however you spell it)? As far as I'm concerned, culturally, archaeologically, and linguistically, there's nothing connecting the ancient Hebrews to black Africans. And there's nothing in history and archaeology that I've come across to suggest that the Hebrews relocated to West Africa or that the African slaves were from the middle east.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because African Americans don’t really have a culture of their own. They were taken from Africa to work as slaves and their generations have lost their African roots. 

If you observe Africans from Africa, such as Nigerians or Kenyans. They are more cultured and have their own identity. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

There are some groups of people in southern Africa who are very light skinned.  DNA so far... looks like somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 thousand years ago, some of them went north east (still in Africa) and mixed and mingled with the people there.  Please keep in mind that Africa was not as hot and dry at that time. Many generations later, people started migrating.  Some went into the Arabian penisula which had wonderful weather at that time.  Some went on to India, etc, and on into Australia.  Also, some went into the Levant area.  Some stayed there, some went right and some went left to Europe.  Eventually, they met up with some nice Neanderthals who taught them had to survive in Europe.

• 2 months ago

I find those types weird too. They are called the “Hebrew Israelites” and they are known for their outlandish and extreme views. Many also stand on the street corner all day and shout anti-white rhetoric. Most are also very homophobic. They’re a small (%) of black ppl that sadly give the whole group a bad name 

• 2 months ago

It's based on an assumption that since they were dispersed throughout the world as slaves they must be the lost tribes of Israel.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's solid evidence that Jews in Ethiopia can be traced all the way back to the time of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. Whether those particular Jews are "truer" than any other is a matter that is still open for debate.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 2 months ago

1. The Israelite tribe of Joseph was African: Joseph given an African wife by Pharaoh.

2. Joseph's remaining 11 brothers came to Africa bringing no females for their sons and grandsons to marry.

Consequently:

After over 200 years and 10 generations of intermarriage with African Nations, an Israelite Jew, is African.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago
  • 2 months ago

Very true they need to be  black or white  Hebrews 

• Carolyn2 months agoReport

Jews are Mediteranean.

• 2 months ago

Why does anyone believe anything.. indoctrination

• Daddio
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A couple African Americans in the 1800s had dreams that they were the true Jew descendants and it went from there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.