Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is this sexual abuse I think of this constantly and it KILLS ME STILL 7 YEARS LATER??

So would it be sexual abuse if a same sex parent pins his son to a bed when the son is naked, and lays on them laughing

Also a year later the dad randomly touches sons private and chest on a couch while eyes are closed

Would hate to accuse someone and I try to think of excuses EVERYDAY

as of why this happend 

And it was 7 years ago...

Could this have possibly been a joke or accident?? 

I tried to tell my family and they think I'm a horrible person for even mentioning it..

I asked him and he says I'm weird for even suspecting anything sexual 

I hate him but I also hate those who make things worse than they are  or try to paint a picture of something that isn't true basically

This kills me 

I told my mom 2 years after it happened and my sister heard and she said OMG I DONT THINK HE MEANT IT LIKE THAT ! 

I asked my actual dad why he did it and at first he said he didnt remember and then he said a day later that he remembers parts of pinning me to a bed naked and he said he was laughing because  of "how well I was fighting him back" 

He doesn't remember the couch incident.

I JUST WANT THIS ISSUE RESOLVED I HATE THAR ITS HAUNTING MW BUT EVERYTIME I TRY TO TELL SOMEONE I FEEL LIKE AN ACCUSER AND I WIND UP HATING MYSELF!! 

Favorite Answer

No, this was not a joke and it was not an accident. Your dad INTENTIONALLY touched you inappropriately. Your family is complicit in covering up your dad's disgusting behavior. It's easier for all of them to believe you are a horrible person because making up this horrific situation is not as sick as your father sexually abusing you. 

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. Believe it or not, it's pretty common. My sisters and I had the same type of sexual abuse from my father. It has taken me years to forgive my dad (he's dead now) and therapy to help me get past it. I don't know how old you are but I would suggest you get some therapy. If that's not possible, do some research on this. If you have a counselor at school, (I know you might not be in school now) speak to him/her and ask for some guidance. 

I doubt your dad will ever admit what he's done. My dad didn't so don't expect it will happen.

Good luck, I wish you the best.

Very odd, cant put a label on it but whatever it was it was very odd and probably caused alot of damage

Seek help immediately 

i think it is sexual abuse and maybe you should turn him in for it

Many people are molested by someone of the same sex. The two incidents were in very poor taste. If nothing else has happened since those two incidents it may have been just in poor taste and not an assault. It was in very poor taste. Therapy may help to get past it as you do not want that to eat at you the rest of your life.

sounds to me like abuse. 

It doesn't matter why this family member did it to you, what matters is how you get through this.   Obsessing over this for seven years suggests you can't handle this on your own.  You need to see a therapist to help you deal with this.  Ask your parents to schedule an appointment for you.

If it wasn't sexual in nature to your father, then it wasn't sexual assault. It sounds like he was just being a drunken ***. But if it bothers you so much that you can't get past it, I suggest you get some short-term psychotherapy or counseling so that you can deal with your confusion and get on with living a full and happy life.

• katydid

Touching his privates while he's asleep IS sexual abuse.

Talk to a licensed mental health professional.  No one here has that qualification,

I was abused as a child.  TALK TO SOMEONE OR THIS WILL DESTROY YOU.