Why is there all the sudden a toilet paper shortage?

• Dze
    1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

theres not a shortage, people are hoarding it lol .. theyre not going to 'up' the production most likely because it will level off and there wont be demand for it ..

• Enoch F6 days agoReport

That's not true, there is a shortage. Supermarkets are only getting a fraction of the product that they normally do, The idea that hoarders are responsible is nonsense because there is no toilet paper to buy in the first place, and because every store has a per person limit. The shortage is real.

• Fred
    4 days ago

Peter fears wiping his South end with a toilet paper substitute and buys more toilet paper than he can use in a lifetime.

Paul misses out because of Peter's hording of toilet paper overwhelms the supply and now has to find substitutes while Peter smugly smiles.

There is no toilet paper shortage! But our supply and delivery resources can obviously be easily overwhelmed.  Thank you public media for showing the rare isolated hording incident nationally and enlarging it into a NATIONAL PROBLEM!   

• 6 days ago

As near as I can tell, demand shot up because people were stocking up and manufacturers are not increasing production because they don't want to be stuck with surplus inventory that nobody wants in six month's time. The idea that "panic-buyers" are snatching it all up is nonsense, every store has a per-person limit now and there is no toilet paper to buy in the first place. I confirmed with my local Publix supermarket that they are only getting about 10 packs a day in their deliveries, and Publix corporate office told me they have none in their warehouses. 

• Fred
      4 days agoReport

In rural America supplies are metered by the size of a semi-trailer load. If there is a panic market it must come in a completely packed semi load… and toilet paper can not be found at this time to completely fill a semi-trailer to supply a small population area market.  

6 days ago

Fear mongering sheep. 

• 1 week ago

Mob (or Herd) Psychology 101:

"Hey, we're running!  Hurry up and run!"

"Why are we running?"

"Shut up and run!  If everybody's doing it, it must be the thing to do!"

"Oh, yeah...NOW I see!  I feel safer - like, it's all of us, together!"

• Fred
      4 days agoReport

So when the virus eventually arrives in my small town it's going to fell everyone in a week's time and overwhelm even ambulance transfer to larger cities with already flooded health care facilities.    

1 week ago

The coronavirus has scared the sh*t out of people.

1 week ago

My neighbor moved his car out of the garage to the carport, I think to make room for his toilet paper, he is greedy.

• Fuhr
    1 week ago

All the crap coming out of Trump's mouth.

• TedEx
    1 week ago

There is no substitute.

• iammclane
      1 week agoReport

There are, in fact, plenty of substitutes.  Significant parts of the world don't use TP at all.  And even those who insist on paper products can turn to paper tissues, towels, and wipes.

• Olive
    1 week ago

There's been a toilet paper shortage for quite awhile