Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Can both parents take off of work, if there is no babysitter available? In Pennsylvania ?

I called my job and they let me take off of work, since the kids great grandmother (72 years old) watches them and can’t any more. I’m off for maybe 90 days because of the Coronavirus situation around the countries. Their father lives with us, can he take off of work too, due to no babysitter?

• Lili

Why would both parents have to take off work?  In households around the country, there has always generally been only one stay-at-home parent.

• Larry

What if the parents had 5, or 6 children? It would take both parents to care for them.

It doesn't take 2 adults to watch a kid. That said, how would his job know you were home?

• Larry

What if there are 4,5, or 6 children.

That is up to individual employers.

You ARE NOT off fo 90 days because of Covid-19. That is AT LEAST 3 times as long as necessary.

• Larry

How the hell do you know?

If grandma takes care of the kids by herself, there's no reason for both of you to "take off work" to babysit the kids.

• Larry

Who said anything about grandma. That wasn't in the question.

You dont need BOTH parents at home to watch your kids.

Feel grateful that your boss is allowing it. He isnt obligated to let you stay home due to a lack of a sitter.

• Larry

I think so. He needs to call his employer like you did and tell them he needs paid time off because he has children he has to take care of.

You might want to ask the actual employer. This is such a stupid question that it actually makes me angry.

edit: There is no shortage of drama with you, I see. Why don't you ASK the employer and do "research" like you did the first time. Nobody here is magical enough to guess who the employer is, or what the employer's policies may be. Even government privileges vary based on the type and size of the employer, along with how long the person who's employed has been working there.

• Larry

The only stupid questions come from Republican idiots.